Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tell Me the Old, Old Story

Many times I wonder why I still alive, spiritually and physically. Sometime I got a similar feeling with Paul, when he was writing a letter to the church in Philippi.

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me.
Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!
I am torn between the two:
I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;
but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.
(Philippians 1:21-24)

Many times I fall into the dilemma between the two also. All believers do desire to return to their true home, because we are like travelers, traveling in this foreign world. After being banged by a car and still survive, I feel a calling from Him.

Though I surrendered myself to Jesus Christ, but there is something that I still haven't do, there is something that I still need to do, that is to be His witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth (cf. Acts 1:8), and go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that commanded by God (cf. Matthew 28:19-20). The reason I still living now, is to proclaim the good news, to proclaim the gospel.

This is a hymn, from a poem written by Catherine Hankey (1893-1911). She wrote it when she became very ill and lay in bed.

Tell Me the Old, Old Story

Tell me the story slowly, that I may take it in -
That wonderful redemption, God's remedy of sin.
Tell me the story often, for I forget so soon;
The early dew of morning has passed away at noon.

We need to tell others the old, old story of Jesus and His love. They need some good news.
____________________

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live,
but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body,
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
(Galatians 2:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment