Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Because I don't want

Because I don't want to be a general surgeon.
General surgeon usually works with biliary system.
Bile is produced in small amount and gall bladder is small.
Urine produced in large amount and urinary bladder is bigger.
Bile is excreted with stool but urine is excreted as urine.

This is the answer given by Alexander Alexandrovich Kuznetsov when I asked him why do he want to be a urologist after I answered him during my general surgery exam.

Many people like him because:
  • He is a very 'hebat' urologist.
  • He looks very cool, like a mafia.
  • He is a very good teacher.
  • He received English education in US, so his English is very good.
Ok that's all about his info.

Sometime we make a choice, not because we like that choice, but is because we don't like other choices that's available. Just like Kuznetsov don't want to be a general surgeon and become a urologist, the same is for me. I choose medicine, not because I like it, but because I don't like physics, engineering and pharmacy.

I was offered medicine in Russia. I don't think anyone like a post-communist country. But I don't like form 6, and my parents said they cannot me to go private college. So I chose to come to Russia, though I didn't really Russia and medicine.

But this is how God bring me out from my comfort place and maken himself known to be.
It is at this place I know about him.
It is at this place I start to pray to him.
It is at this place I start to worship him with songs.
It is at this place I start to call upon his name.

What an odd place to meet God.
At a marshrutka stop,
beside a small hill,
at this remote country.

But this is how this awesome God appears to his people, this is how I was found by this never-say-die Galilean.
He doesn't have to appear in front of you, because your sinful nature cannot stand his holiness.
He doesn't need to speak with his own mouth, because he can let a piece of paper do that job.
He doesn't need to appear in beside you to let you feel his presence, because he is omnipresence.
He didn't stretch down his arm to help you, not because his arm is too short, but because he prefers to let other people too help you.

This is the way he do thing,
not in a simple manner that you can think of,
not on a extraordinary manner that you expect,
but through daily circumstance that you can never think of and that you can never do it by yourself.

I want to be a doctor, because I don't want to be a pharmacist or engineer.
And this is how He brought me to this place, through the 'choice' that I made, just because I don't like other choices.

____________________

In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps.
(Proverbs 16:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment