Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Before & After

Before I came to Christ, I thought I knew who God is.
After I came to Christ, I realised who God really is and what He did from the past to present.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I am a mature person who walk straight in his pathway.
After I came to Christ, I realised that I just a newborn baby and now only start to learn how to crawl.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I am a good person, and becoming better as I grow older.
After I came to Christ, I realised that I am a slave of sins, and will becoming worse if I didn't know about God.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I am smart and always choose the right paths that lead to success.
After I came to Christ, I realised that I being so foolish all the time and the paths I chosen in the past actually lead to death instead of success.

Before I came to Christ, I thought my wisdom can understand everything if I ought to know.
After I came to Christ, I realised that my wisdom cannot understand even the most foolish things of God.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I am righteous and did what is good in people's eyes.
After I came to Christ, I realised that my righteousness is just a filthy rag and I always did what is wrong in God's eyes.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I am a humble person.
After I came to Christ, I realised that I have been so boastful all the time when I knew that Christ humbles himself and died on the cross.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I know what is love and always love the others.
After I came to Christ, I realised that I never knew what is love until God shown His love to me so that I can love my family and my friends.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I can solve all the problems in my life.
After I came to Christ, I realised that I always mess up my life and only God can clean it up for me.

Before I came to Christ, I thought Bible is the most boring book.
After I came to Christ, I realised that every word that proceeds from the mouth of God gives me life and strength.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I am always walking alone in the journey of life.
After I came to Christ, I realised that God together with many brothers and sisters are walking along with me all the time.

Before I came to Christ, I thought as I do more good deeds, I can enter heaven.
After I came to Christ, I realised that only through Christ I can see the kingdom of God.

Before I came to Christ, I thought a bad deed can be erased by a good deed.
After I came to Christ, I realised that a bad deed can only be erased by forgiveness from God and blood of Christ.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I had fulfilled all the laws and rules.
After I came to Christ, I realised that I broke all the Ten Commandments, and only Christ can fulfill all of them.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I knew what is forgiveness and mercy.
After I came to Christ, I realised that I never truly forgive anyone until God shown mercy to me, so that I too can be mercy and forgive people.

Before I came to Christ, I thought I am the one who decides whether I should believe in God or not.
After I came to Christ, I realised that God is the one who actively drawn me near to Him, so that a sinner like me can believe in Him.

Once I am lost in my life and I never seek God, but God found me and forgave me. Thank you Lord for your unfailing love and thank you Jesus Christ for you died for me when I am still a sinner. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment