Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Do Not Fear

Trials and difficulties are something that we always faced in our life. No one likes it. Yet it exists, and God permits (or in fact, decree) it to happen, because it is written, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father." (Matthew 10:29) There is a reason why these unpleasant things happen, because we as creatures with this sinful nature, tend to forget our Creator and Giver when things goes too smooth.

Indeed when I was in my hometown during summer holiday, things go so smooth that I admit I didn't remember much about God, I tend to take things for granted. When trials and difficulties come when I arrive back to the place I study (and came to Christ), I realised the insufficiency of my own power, and this is when I call out to God. Though we have this sinful nature, yet we need not hesitate to come to Him and call upon Him, because it is written, You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear." (Lamentations 3:57)

____________________

Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death.
But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves
but on God, who raises the dead.
2 Corinthians 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment