Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

星期五深夜

Many things happened recently, maybe not visibly, but more spiritually. I decided to give up many things: bad habits, anime, worldly music, etc. It is such a drastic decision, in just a night more than 20GB of space was freed out from my laptop and external hard disk. Can you imagine how much rubbish I stored in my laptop and hard disk? It is was such a relief after letting go all these things. Instead of interest or hobby, these affections eventually become addictions that bound my heart, prevent me from pursuing the perfect affection in Christ. After freeing myself from these worldly affection (by the power of God!), the feeling is just so..... indescribable. I choose to throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and... run with perseverance the race marked out for us (Hebrews 12:1).

All the vain things that charm me most, 
I sacrifice them to His blood. 
- Isaac Watts -

Many things in this world look so adorable to me in the past, but after Christ came, these things just become so meaningless, so vain. But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ (Philippians 3:8)

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, 
in the light of His glory and grace. 
- Helen Howarth Lemmel -




This is basically how I spent my Friday and Saturday night. 
But a laptop instead of a smartphone.

____________________

紧握的绿洲,原来却只是海市蜃楼。

No comments:

Post a Comment