Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Epistle to Hamers (1)

Dear Frank and Lora,

How are you? I am fine. Today (30th August) I met up with Joshua and Jean. We have a great time to catch up with one another and shared some of the things that happened in our life while having some dessert at a place called SS2 in my town.

Joshua came up with an idea to have a retreat among the Malaysian Koinonians in Cameron Highland, Malaysia. We would like to invite both of you over to Malaysia. We plan to have it at somewhere around the first week of September 2014, because 31st of August is the Independence Day of Malaysia, so we can apply leave easier together with the public holiday. We are still at the planning stage, so we do not have a concrete plan yet, and we haven't contact the other brothers and sisters yet. Maybe we can have a seminar or a simple study together with prayers.
  
By the way today Jean joined the small group at Joshua's hospital for the first time. They heard from a professor that D.A. Carson will be coming to my town, Petaling Jaya for a seminar and a conference from 9th to 11th September. They informed me about it. I was quite surprised that Carson is coming to my town, and before that I didn't heard any news about it. Joshua checked the exact place, price, and how to register for it.

Since I am still waiting for Ministry of Health to ask me to go for work, so I can make it. But Joshua and Jean cannot go with me to the seminar and conference, since they will be going to Philippine for a retreat from 4th to 18th September (do pray for their safety during their journey and for their retreat).

Surprisingly the place to register is at a christian bookstore called Evangel Book Centre at SS2, the place where we were eating at that time. So we just dropped by to the bookstore and I can straight away register for it. Initially the deadline for registration is 28th Aug (so I thought I will miss this seminar) but they extended it to 4th Sept.
What I can say is, God had arranged everything properly in His time. Initially Jean does not have any intention to go to that small group, since she doesn't know anyone there, and if Jean is not going, Joshua will not be going too since today he is on leave. And initially we plan to meet up together earlier but we can't.

But for some reasons, Jean joined that small group, they heard about it, and we met up today at this place called SS2, and the place to register is at SS2 too. And they have extended the deadline for registration. Everything fits together. The only thing I can say is "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)



The link for the events: http://kvbc.info/
  
In Christ, Kevin.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment