Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Epsitle to Hamers (3)

Dear Frank and Lora,

I attended Chong's wedding dinner on 27th and his wedding ceremony on 28th Sept. Glad to meet the brothers and sisters again.

I managed to meet with Chong and Alice, Kok Tong, Joshua and Jean, Wailup and Annie, Calvin, and Jeremy. Some didn't manage to make it due to other plans, some didn't manage to get a leave to come here. We also meet with Wailup' son, Nathan. He is now 7 months old. We have a good time together and catch up with one another. We are also very happy to see both of you again.
Chong shared his story on how he meets Jesus Christ in Russia, which reminds me how I meet with the Lord. He also told everyone how he met Alice the first time and how they eventually get married. Their marriage and their walk with the Lord can be concluded in this one verse:

My ears had heard of you 
but now my eyes have seen you. 
Job 42:5

I was surprised how this verse in the Book of Job has such an impact on them. Indeed, "the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword,  it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment