Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Still

Recently gettig very very busy, many things need to settle. Next week will be a very tough week. Firstly, need to study Biochemistry, the hardest subject for this semester. Secondly there will be an exam for Therapy. 48 essay questions and 405 objective questions need to study, and almost all the Therapy teachers are very very strict x_x. Luckily I have settled my journal or diary for the practical. Thirdly, there will be a concluding lesson for Physiology of cardiovascular system, which included electrical activities of heart, cardiac cycle, pulses, electrocardiogram (ECG), regulations of heart activities, and vascular system. Forthly, I still doesn't manage to secure my credit of Physical Training (PT). Although I only missed 1 class (for a very absurd reason), but I cannot do 5 pull-ups (not chin-up), so the teacher don't want to give the credit. Many people said he will still give in the end, but after all he is a mad old guy who enjoys torturing the students. Credit (зачёт) is a thing that a student must get from all the subjects from that semester before he/she can sit for summer or winter exams.

By the way, summer exams is coming in mid June. Two subjects are included, i.e. Biochemistry and Physiology. For Biochemistry, students are required to study 128 essay questions and they expect the students to memorise all the formulas and reactions x_x. Physiology is not so scary, cause the teachers are not so strict, the subject itself is consider easier than Biochemistry (but many numbers need to memorise), and there might be avtomat for student. Avtomat (автомат), from the english word automate, means that a student can automatically get a 5 for exam if he/she fulfills the requirement, i.e. getting average mark of 4.8 and above for the practical lessons. But this avtomat is still not confirmed yet, and we don't know whether the requirment is still the same. There is less than 1 month time for my Biochemistry exam, and the worst thing is I haven't start preparing anything yet. Plan to start my revision on 1 June, but the semester offically end on 12 June, and the study week start only from 13 June. So many things is tangled around me @_@. The pressure and stress is building up, can really feel the tension.

Last few weeks, my pastor's wife was teaching from the Book of Exodus.
Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:13-14)
Sometime when we are facing troubles, we need not to scare, just be still, do what you should do, and put your faith and trust in God, because He is always with us, and He will settle everything.

A song from Hillsongs. Enjoy.



STILL

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

No comments:

Post a Comment