Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Epistle to Hamers (7)

Hi Frank and Lora,

Glad to hear from you again. Thanks for your prayers! It is glad to know that someone on the other side of the earth is praying for you. I am also glad to hear that you have a eventful Christmas this year.

Due to the presentation about paediatrics emergencies that I was assigned to do on December 26, I can't fully concentrate for this Christmas. However I was able to attend a Christmas choir singings on December 21, and I managed to get my offday on Christmas, so that I can attend the Christmas service. The atmosphere was different, but the centre of the message is still the same, that is Christ Jesus.

It is really saddening to know about the bombing cases in Volgograd. Let us continue to pray for their safety.

Now I am able to adapt the flow of my work in the hospital better, but many things still need to catch up and learn. The week before Christmas I was assigned to paediatric oncology together with another friend. I had many new exposures and learnt new things during that one week from my friend, who is a senior house officer.

I have to pass 2 assessments to finish my posting in general paediatric. Today I have approached my consultant and passed my first assessment. It was not easy, I can't sleep well the night before, but thank God for His strength and His mercy. Indeed, "Great is Thy faithfulness, morning by morning new mercy I see".

But this is still the beginning. Another assessment will be with a paediatric dernatologist. I also need to pass Neonatal Resuscitation Programme (NRP) at the end of January before going to neonatal unit.
Yon is working at orthopaedic department now and I heard from him that the workload is not heavy in that department.

Janice is working at obstetric and gynaecology department.  I heard from her that her mother kept her bible away before she went to Miri (the city she is working now) so that she can't read it. However she is now joining a fellowship in the hospital, and during Christmas she was able to attend a Christmas service and received a new bible as a present. "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided." (Genesis 22:14).

May both of you continue to guide both of you and provide opportunity for you to serve as we enter into 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment