Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

To Give Up

Note: 一首刻画出我的心声的歌 - 超人不会飞 =)

Years ago I remember a sister in Christ said, "It is better to give up the thing that will make you give up your faith". Last year I have made a decision, a rather drastic decision. I gave up a friendship, because I have treat this person more than a friend, and is wrong. 

An argument between us shown me one clear truth, we are not in the same boat, we are from a different world. I am in the light, and this person is in the dark, though trying to shed light into this person's life, yet this person chooses to run away from light and remains in the dark. More over, this person bashed the very core of my belief, the very core of my faith. 

Maybe I did it in a wrong way or used a wrong method, and from time to time I scare that I made the wrong decision. Yet this verse below has always remind me that though I might have done it in a wrong way, but I didn't make the wrong decision, that is to give up the thing that will make you give up your faith.

____________________
 
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to 
the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, 
for whose sake I have lost all things. 
I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ. 
Philippians 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment