Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Things you should have in extra


Spectacles
You never know when your spec will break.



Shoes
You never know when it rains
and the next day you need to go out.




Key

You never know when you will misplace your key
and stuck out side of your room.



 
Phone
You never know when you will lose you phone,
or drop it in the water, or in my case,
send it into the washing machine to have a 'bath'.


The worst thing is, I intend to buy new phone,
but iPhone 5 still not yet out.


Think of buying a small-sized smartphone, like the new Xperia™ Mini.
Though it is small, but it has many functions that other smartphones have,
but also very expensive, about RM1000, I expect it to be less than RM800.


Now my SE W810i in RICU (Rice Intensive Care Unit), still waiting the dehydration therapy to be completed. But after having a complete hydration process in the washing machine with detergent, the chance to revive is like... 0.01%? T_T. Anyway I will just wait and see how it goes. If it is not working, maybe just borrow a primitive phone from my friends.


Update 1

My SE W810i actually survives after completing 24 hours of dehydration therapy in RICU, only some lesions due to the water damage can be seen on the screen, and dysfunction of camera, but other functions are preserved. The last thing to check is the battery life span, will it drained fast after the water damage? We will see, like the russians say, "Поживём, увидим".

Conclusion: Phone damaged by water CAN be save by:
  1. Don't try to switch on the phone immediately, no matter how tempting it is.
  2. Remove the battery, sim card, and memory card from your phone. 
  3. If you can dismantle the phone, do it, can dry the wet part with dry towel (but in my case I didn't do it because I don't know how to dismantle my phone >.<).
  4. Immerse your phone and battery in the uncooked rice or silica gel (if you can get them) to absorb all the moisture in it
  5. Wait for at least 24 hours (I know that 24 hours seems like 24 days for you, but be patient). 
  6. At last but not least, PRAY to Him who can resurrect the dead from the grave.
  7. After that long 24 hours, assemble all the parts, and try to switch on. If it won't switch on, don't panic. The battery might be drained after the water damage, try plug in your charger and switch it on again. 
Update 2


As expected, the battery life is draining very fast. In less than 12 hours the battery from 100% go downs to 12%. I am thinking of getting a new phone =P. Maybe ask my friend  to get it in Malaysia during winter holiday, hehe XD. Anyway I will try to get a battery replacement for this phone first, but I don't know whether I can get a battery in this place or not...... and usually a ciplak battery is like very unstable and drain very fast also......

Update 3

I managed to get a battery for 890 rubles (sakit hati...) but I don't know the battery will last long like the original one or not =/ .

 ____________________

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him.
Psalm 37:7


No comments:

Post a Comment