Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

2 + 3 = ?

Just read an article written by Kevin DeYoung (is great to know that a godly man share the same first name with you ^^) about how to pray using Scripture with 3R's—Rejoice, Repent, Request. I also read an article written by John Pond about how to disciple students, and he mentioned about the need of praying for your students daily. This morning I also just read an article written by David Murray about how to organise your church meeting well.

Jehovah Jireh! My Provider! I really thank God that He provides us who are living in the hostel to have this fellowship once again, like how He once provided few years back. Now only I feel the importance and the need of fellowshipping with brothers and sisters. When I was still in my first and second year, there are so many brothers and sisters, and some of them are so mature in their faith in God and so committed in it, yet I simply took it for granted to have this fellowship. 

As years passed many of them graduated, and the fellowship getting weaker, new leaders didn't lead the fellowship well, and it almost come to a point that it will break down. I tried do something about it, but that time I felt really reluctant to do it, because I don't see that I am the one who is responsible to uphold it (which is wrong). Eventually this fellowship gone, when only 2 brothers left in the hostel.

However God is faithful and He brings a revival to this fellowship. He gives me this internal calling to start this fellowship again. I confirm this calling with my pastor, and by his help and guidance this fellowship revived, with some concrete plan. Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. (Proverb 15:22) Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (Proverb 16:3) 

Indeed God is faithful, and now the calling is to uphold it, by the grace and power of God. Though I don't see myself as a leader or elder or teacher or whatever title for a leader (and I am not qualified to be one), but I do hear this calling to guide this flock, even for these few months. And the first step is very simple and basic: pray for them daily. 

Second step is also very simple and basic: trust God, pray that He will equip me to guide them. The arm of flesh will fail you, ye dare not trust your own (George Duf­field Jr.).

The following steps: too much to be described ><. Anyway this article by John Piper should be helpful.

O Lord, please uphold this fellowship, even though there are only five of us. You says, "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:20) O Lord, let Thy spirit be with us, whenever and wherever we are. Amen.

____________________  
 
Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
and lean not on your own understanding,
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. 

Do not be wise in your own eyes,
fear the LORD and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body and 
nourishment to your bones. 
Proverbs 3:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment