Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Though No One Joins Me

I have decided to follow Jesus.
  
Though no one joins me, still I will follow.
  
The cross before me, the world behind me.
  
- Sadhu Sundar Singh -
  
  
  If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. 

As it is, you do not belong to the world, 
but I have chosen you out of the world. 
That is why the world hates you. 

Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' 
If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. 
If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.
  
John 15:18-20 
 
 
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, 
for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 
 
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world 
but that you protect them from the evil one. 
 
They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 
Sanctify them by the truth, your word is truth. 
 
As you sent me into the world, 
I have sent them into the world.
 
John 17:14-18, part of the Jesus' high priestly prayer
    
 ___________________
  
If you do not satisfy with who she is,
most probably she will not appreciate for who you are.

* * *

If it is Thy calling for me to serve Thee alone without a partner,
give me Thy grace to do it,
give me a name better than sons and daughters.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment