Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Yoke: Ox & Donkey

I always like to have bible study
to study the Word of God together.
    
I always like to have fellowship
to share our testimonies together.
  
I always like to have a study group 
to study and prepare for exam together.
  
I always like to have CME to teach one another 
and to study patient's case together.
   
It is because I always believe that 
  
"Two are better than one, 
because they have a good return for their work"
(Ecclesiastes 4:9) 
  
and 
  
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another"
(Proverbs 27:17). 
  
But it is also written that: 
 
"Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together."
(Deuteronomy 22:10)
   
The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like 
an egg-and-ham breakfast: 
the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'. 
  
After all not every single person is committed like a pig,
and some stop to be a pig.
It is sad to stop something, 
but if the commitment is not there anymore,
maybe it is better to just stop
and continue to move on, by our own pace
with God.
 
 Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
My flesh and my heart may fail, 
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
(Psalm 73:25-26)
   
____________________
  
Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together.
Deuteronomy 22:10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment