Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Don't Waste Your Life?

Recently my life is very relaxing, no stress, no tension. Recently reading some books, online and preparing a bit for next semester materials. Just finished reading "the Heavenly Man", still reading a book entitled "What Did Jesus Demanded from the World" by John Piper, and also a book that my friend just lent me yesterday, entitled "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. If anyone of you saw these books, you should read them.

"Why didn't you go somewhere 'jalan-jalan'?"
Well, I have been here for almost two years, where should I go for 'jalan-jalan'?

"If I was you, I will be in Sochi now."
Well, different people like to do different things. Some people said now is a good time to go sight seeing in places such as Moscow, St. Peterburg, etc. But I don't like to go travel alone. Btw travelling need money and wise planning, if someone didn't plan properly for the trip, then it will be just a waste of money, and I admitted that I am terrible in planning.

"What are you doing here? Don't waste your life here"
When he said 'Don't waste your life', this caught my attention, I asked him, "What do you mean by 'Don't waste your life'?" I asked him twice but he didn't really answer my question. He said, "Just don't waste your life. Go wear nice shirts, go around the town, go to the opposite side of Volgo River to meet some girls" =___=||

Well, for me, It is very wasting life by having excess entertainment, by watching films, movies and dramas the whole day, by sitting inside the room and play computer games or online the whole days. Of course I am not against entertainment, cause all works and no play make Billy a dull boy. But excessive entertainment is really making someone 'no life' (that's what my friend described it). I personally experienced it before.

After SPM, while waiting for the result, I was staying at home, practically doing nothing. I went to learn driving, but driving lesson was just few hours per week. My mom asked me to go read up some Form 6 books, cause that might be a possibility for my future, but after reading the first chapter of Biology about carbohydrate, I stopped. So I end up just staying at home playing online game. When I think back about this, the first thing came to my mind is "wasting life". It is really a waste of time, I played for days and nights, and what I get is just some success in a virtual world, and some excitement and fun when playing. But when the excitement and fun was over, what is left is emptiness. What a waste of life.

Last year after my summer exams in first year, I have few days time before going back Malaysia. So what I did? Again I end up in excessive entertainment, but this time not online game, cause no one can effort that high cost of internet fee, since it is counted by per byte received. So what I did, like others I end up watch dramas and animes whole day, very meaningless, very wasting life. When I went back to Malaysia, I met up with my teachers and friends in Samad, but most of them busy with their studies in college or Form 6, so is impossible that I met up with them everyday. My parent busy with their works and my siblings also busy with their studies, so I end up watching TV in morning, sleeping in afternoon, at night watch TV and online. What a waste of life.

But at least now I know I am not wasting life, because God found me. The greatest thing happened in my life is God brought me to this place and made himself known to me. It is really great to know there is a creator that not only created you, but he also loves you. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8) I am also very glad because I have the chance to read God's Words or the Bible, because All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment