Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dreams

Note: Few days ago, a friend of mine told me some secrets, and I was astonished that there are actually many things happened without other people's knowledge. But since those things are not good news, so I'll keep it to myself.

I am sure that everyone has dreams before when sleeping. According to Wikipedia, dreams can be defined as a series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. The scientific study of dreams is known as oneirology.

According to Old Testament and New Testament, God sometime reveals his will to his people through dreams and visions. Examples are Joseph, King Solomon, and Peter.

Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more. He said to them, "Listen to this dream I had: We were binding sheaves of grain out in the field when suddenly my sheaf rose and stood upright, while your sheaves gathered around mine and bowed down to it." (Genesis 37:5-7)

At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you." (1 Kings 3:5)

'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.' (Acts 2:17)

Peter began and explained everything to them precisely as it had happened: "I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was. " (Acts 11:4-5)

My Chinese teacher, who is a buddist, taught me History in From 1 and taught me Chinese Language from Form 2 until Form 5. Last summer holiday, I returned to Samad to give some souvenirs to my teachers. The one of the teachers that I didn't meet is my Chinese teacher, cause they told me that she had been transfered to a school in Bandar Utama. That time I am lazy to find out where is that school or where she lives, so I didn't give the souvenirs to her.

I remembered during this year winter holiday, I have a dream. In my dream, I met my Chinese teacher, I forget what are we talking about, but I remembered she mentioned the words "Holy Spirit". This word shouldn't come out from the mouth of a buddist. So later I asked her, "Do you believe in Christianity?". She replied, "Last time yes, but now no." After that I woke up from my dream.

Few days ago, I have a dream, and I met her again, and I gave her some ang-pao packets that I collected, cause she told us before that she likes to collect these ang-pao packets. Later we talked for a while, and in the dream I wanted to ask her a question, but I forgot what is that question. After that, I woke up.

What do these dreams mean? Does God want me to find that teacher when I go back Malaysia during the summer holiday?


No comments:

Post a Comment