Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

10 reasons why I don't travel

Many people asked why I don't travel around during winter holiday. Well, the reason "I prefer not to travel" doesn't satisfy many people. So here are 10 reasons why I don't travel during winter holiday.
  1. In second year I lost my ATM card, so though I received my scholarship, I can't withdraw that money out to travel.
  2. I don't like to plan for the trip. It is just a hassle for me.
  3. I prefer to rest during holiday. I don't like to rush for my trip just after exam, and rush for registration after my trip.
  4. I don't mind spending some money and enjoy my trip. I just mind that I don't enjoy my trip and wasting that money.
  5. So I rather keep those money for my future. A trip to places outside Russia will spend at least RM2000.
  6. I don't like to take risk.
    - Risk of losing important things, eg. passport, visa, luggage.
    - Risk of being conned, eg. in Egypt.
    - Risk of being pickpocket-ed, or robbed.
  7. I enjoyed my winter holiday in second and third year, but not the current one though.
  8. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made (Romans 1:20). The creations show the glory of God, but I see more of His glory in His words.
  9. I don't have a good DSLR to take beautiful photos of the place that I go, though I do have a decent digital camera.
  10. But rather than saying the reasons why I don't travel, I should say, I don't have a reason to travel.
I will travel again, 
if I found that missing piece
.
Some people said it is not important to where are you going to travel, but is with whom you are going to travel. Maybe I will travel again, or should I say, I will travel (without the word 'again', since I didn't travel before by my own self), if I found the reason to travel. Since like what John Piper said, no one goes to the Grand Canyon to increase his self-esteem, so what is the reason for you to travel?
.
A rather interesting advertisement from AirAsia

____________________

The heavens declare the glory of God,
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Psalm 19:1

No comments:

Post a Comment