Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Soli Deo Gloria

Many times we tried our best, 
but sometime our best is simply not enough.

Many times we planned out things as early as possible, 
but sometime the unexpected will still happen.

Many times we took many preventive measures, 
but sometimes accidents will still happen.

But I will blame no one, 
because I know how prideful my heart is,
because I know how deceitful my heart is,
because I know that my heart will always find a chance 
to seek glory and honour for itself. 

And how foolish I am, not to call out God for help,
How foolish I am, to try to solve things by myself.

Our best is not enough, simply because we need His grace.
Unexpected will happen, so that in all circumstances we will rely on His provision.
Accidents will happen, so that in all things we will trust on His sovereignty.
Our plan might not work out, because it doesn't glorify God.
Our work might succeed, but without our involvement,
  so that all glories belong to Him, and Him alone.

Because in the mist of all the unexpected,
I heard His words crossing to my mind, 
"...I will not give my glory to another...
Isaiah 42:8

 ____________________

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.
- John Piper -

No comments:

Post a Comment