Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Titanic

No matter you have watch the movie "Titanic" or not, you must have know something about Titanic. Surprisingly I heard something about Titanic during a birthday party. This is a short story or poem or whatever that was shared by a boy born in 8th August, 8.50pm, rephrased with my own words (cause obviously I can't remember every single word that I heard).

My birthday cake has the shape of a ship.
Many of you might ask why.
A ship like Titanic can crush an iceberg anytime and sink.

A person's life is similar, it can perish at any time.
The ship is me, drifting through the journey of life.
The anchors are my parents, who are the foundation of my life.
The sea that I am sailing on is all my relatives,
while the crews and the sailors on the ship are all my friends.
All of them will be with me throughout my journey,
until I reach my destiny, my harbour, my port.
It is you all that made me what I am now.

____________________

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4

No comments:

Post a Comment